Please read carefully before starting
Part I: How This Process Works
- You MUST reside in Milwaukee County and MUST be a full-time day student or a full-time first shift worker. To receive an appointment there must NO other able-bodied person in household who is at least 18 years of age; If there are please call the Hot Line at 906.2800.
- Not sure whether you live in Milwaukee County? Check this Zip Code list.
- Outside Milwaukee County and need energy assistance? Try www.homeenergyplus.wi.gov.
- Any household member 18 and over who is claiming zero (0) income must fill out the Zero Income form.
- You cannot have received energy assistance since September 2, 2014.
- You must be income eligible: Click here for Household Size and Income chart.
- If you are an authorized representative of the person applying for Energy Assistance, please click here for more information..
Part II: Getting an appointment
- Appointments are scheduled on a first come first serve basis (for ENERGY BILL assistance ONLY on this web site). If you need help with anything other than a ENERGY bill, you must call call the SDC hotline at 414.906.2800.
- You have 15 minutes to complete this portion to secure your appointment.
- You will need to fill in: total number of people in the household, your name, address, phone number and All income from the 3 months prior to the month of your appointment. If you have any gaps in employment in the last 3 months, please call the SDC Energy Hotline at 414-906-2800. You want to have all required information available before continuing, as the 15-minute clock will start when you click on the "Begin the application process" button.
- Fill out required boxes and then click "get an appointment button."
- When you complete the application and it is determined that you MAY qualify you will be prompted to select an appointment location and a time period from the online calendar.
- If you want to make an appointment for someone other than yourself you MUST call the SDC Energy Hotline at 414-906-2800.
- There are three possible SDC offices to choose from for IN office appointments:
North Side at 6848 N. Teutonia Avenue, Milwaukee WI 53209 (North Teutonia Avenue)
Riverwest - Downtown at 4041 N. Richards Street, Milwaukee WI 53212 (North Richards Street)
South side at 2968 S. Chase Avenue, Milwaukee WI 53207 (South Chase Avenue)
Questions or Problems
- For questions that haven't been answered click - Frequently Asked Questions.
- Additional appointment locations and times can be made by calling the Energy Assistance Hotline: 414-906-2800.