Can I use the online calendar to make an appointment for any other assistance program?
No, you must call the local office that serves your zip code to make appointments for ALL other services. You may only make an energy assistance (LIHEAP) appointment at this site.
What if I have energy questions that are not answered on this web site?
Call your local CCAP office that serves your location. See Zip Code referral.
How do you determine the primary heat source?
The primary heat source is whatever source of heat the applicant is using as the primary means to heat their home during the current program year.
Example: An applicant has a propane heating system which they have historically used as their primary heat source. This heating season they decided to heat their home using electric space heaters, due to the rising costs of propane. This applicant's primary heat source would be electricity.
How often can I get (EAP) energy assistance?
Once per heating season. (October 1st to August 31st)
How is a heating season defined?
A heating season runs from October 1st to August 31st of the following calendar year depending on when the funding becomes available and how quickly it is spent out.
Do I have to have an emergency?
Are subsidized households eligible?
Can I recieve help with my primary heat source and my electric?
Yes. The benefit may be split between two energy vendors when there is a supplemental energy source. A supplemental energy source is any energy source, other than the primary source of heat.
NOTE: The energy assistance benefit must be based on the annual heat costs from the primary heat source only. In the case of a split payment, at least 51% of the benefit must be paid toward the primary heat source.
How is my energy grant calculated?
Your grant is based on many factors: such as total household income (for the 3 previous months from the date of application), the total number of people in the home, housing type and 12 months previous heat usage. The current amount you owe is not used in the calculation of your grant.
What type of documentation do I need to bring with me to the interview?
Picture ID for the primary applicant. Social security cards for ALL household members INCLUDING children. If you do not have a Social Security number, new policies dictate that if you are a non-citizen, you must bring Qualified Alien Documentation. Proof of ALL household income received for the 3 months prior to appointment. Proof of primary heat source (Utility or fuel source energy bills, wood heat statement, propane receipt, pellet receipts, or rental agreement/statement from rental property owner for heat included in rent).